Threadbenders Quilt Shop

Threadbenders Quilt Shop
Threadbenders Quilt Shop

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Henry's T'Day: Best Dog Toy Every

Hi! 
Just wanted to to give you a heads up for Thanksgiving. I'm planning on eating the whole turkey. When they're not looking. 
Actually every dog I know is planning this including my sister. I don't know if she knows we don't have two turkeys in the freezer.
I do know I won't get away with it, but a dog has to dream.
So my mom, Peg, made me the nicest doggy distractor. She made me a Buddah Bone.
Now everyone loves a bone. Rawhide, shank, even milk bones are much  appreciated. But you really can't throw a bone. Unless your mom has excellent aim,  you can find yourself concussed lying by your bone that hit you in the head rather than landing politely in your mouth.
A Buddah bone, named for Buddah because it's meatless, is a great chew and toss toy.


Peg cut up three of her old  tee shirts, that smelled like her, and braided them. The world's best, smells like mom, chew toy.
Then she tied the braid into a knot.
I know I'm not going to get the whole turkey. But I don't mind. My mom thought of me after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment