|"How Starfish Become Stars.""|
Which is why it's so cool to repurpose them.
Framing a quilt has always been an alternative method for showing quilts.
|Shown on Traditional Home|
There are several home dec reasons for framing quilting.
- A frame gives it a sharp edge that looks great in home decoration.
- A frame makes it easier to hang a quilt.
- A frame keeps the quilt flat.
But there are also archival reasons to frame a quilt.
|Found on Country Sampler|
- You can frame pieces of an otherwise ruined quilt in ways that keep it safe.
- You can use UV glass to protect the quilt.
- You can protect the quilt from soil and dust.
- You can frame an quilted piece of embroidery in a way that makes it look quite finished.
It's also a great way just to show off.
|From The Creative Iron|
But do you have to quilt it to show it off? Don't be silly!
Karen took this great soft print, ironed her saying on and framed it with a great left over picture frame. Instant Art!
And just as cute as a button.
See what's hanging around your attic. There may be a picture frame that's the perfect frame for your next project.