Threadbenders Quilt Shop

Threadbenders Quilt Shop
Threadbenders Quilt Shop

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Open Sesame: Why Quilters Need Open Storage

Whenever I see someone's beautifully ordered sewing room, I have to ask myself. It's very pretty, but where does she really sew? She does have a small pile of fabric by the serger, but it's all folded. There's nothing on the floor. I actually wonder if she really does spend days cleaning her sewing room rather than sewing.

There are, I'm told, people who do this. There are people who run marathons too. I am amazed by them, but I don't think I'll be joining them soon.


But for many of us, if it's out of sight it's out of mind. If I can't see it, I can't find it. That's when it's wonderful to have some open storage options.






Open storage is all about pretty. If you're going to leave it out for people to see they might as well see something delightful. There's nothing as pretty as a fabric bowl for a place to put things.
Show me a sewing room with put away scissors, folded up fabric and a clean floor, and I'm looking at a room that no one is sewing in. Because you need to see things to find things. 



And in all fairness, some of our sewing things are just pretty. Those buttons are just button cute. Why not have them where you can see them, find them, and enjoy them?



So to help with that we're doing a fabric bowl class on Monday, February 17th at 11:AM. Come in, make some really pretty bowls and store your pretties where you can find them and enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment